Awards and Patents
Conduent Transportation has been continuously recognized for innovation and excellence.
We have been awarded more than 550 global transportation patents spanning road usage charging, transit, public safety and curbside management, with more than 40 pending patent applications in the works. Recent highlights include:
- A patent for the development of a method and system for predicting demand for public transportation vehicles at a location, such as a bus stop.
- In 2020, we were awarded patents for transit technologies used to optimize schedules and trip planning for public transportation systems. These technologies aim to improve the commuting experience for riders. Both patents cover features included in our Conduent Mobility Analytics Platform.
As you work to make every journey better, faster, safer – and more enjoyable, we are focused on collaborating with you and industry partners to uncover more of the patterns, similarities and elements that make each traveler’s journey unique. This drives our research and development initiatives and will foster technological advances that help to move mobility forward.
Conduent Transportation is proud to have received multiple prestigious awards, including the following recent honors:
Conduent is proud to be named to the GovTech 100, an annual list compiled and published by Government Technology as a compendium of 100 companies focused on, making a difference in, and selling to state and local government agencies across the United States. View the 2022 list.
- 2021 ITS-NY Project of the Year Award for Traffic Management Systems, awarded to our client, the New York State Thruway Authority and partners, including Conduent Transportation, for its 2020 Thruway Cashless Tolling Implementation.
IBTTA (International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association)
- 2021 Toll Excellence President’s Award for Innovation, awarded to our client, New York City’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in collaboration with the New York State Thruway Authority, and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for the Tolls NY app, which allows customers to easily manage their tolling payments and E-ZPass accounts from their smartphone. The app also helps facilitate the use of automated, cashless tolling, which reduces traffic congestion and harmful emissions caused by idling vehicles.
- Certificate of Merit awarded to Conduent for its Vehicle Passenger Detection System
Governors Highway Safety Association
- 2021 State Highway Safety Champion We strongly support GHSA’s efforts to promote public safety.
IPMI (International Parking & Mobility Institute)
- 2021 Professional Excellence Award, Innovation, awarded to our client, Ken Husting, Principal Transportation Engineer, City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation, Los Angeles, CA, for leading the implementation and expansion of LA Express Park, the nation’s most advanced congestion management program. The award-winning program, deployed and maintained by Conduent Transportation, uses the latest parking technology to increase the availability of limited parking spaces, reduce traffic congestion and air pollution, and encourage the use of alternative modes of transportation.
- 2021 Innovation Award of Excellence, awarded to our client, the City of Chicago Department of Finance for its data-driven programs to reform parking fines and enforcement.
- 2021 Professional Excellence Award, Innovation, awarded to Matt Darst, Director of Delivery, Conduent Transportation, for overseeing an advanced analytics team that works to improve customer convenience, maintain sustainable funding, and reduce congestion and CO2 emissions. Darst was also recognized for identifying and implementing new and innovative ways the curbside and its enforcement can flourish and promote social equity, and for using analytics to reimagine the use of loading zones.
National Parking Association (NPA)
- 2021 NPA Innovative Project of the Year, awarded to our client, the City of Chicago for its work to reform parking fines and reduce disproportionate financial impacts on marginalized and low-income families.
- 2020 NPA Innovative Project of the Year, awarded to our client, the Los Angeles DOT for parking initiatives benefiting low-income and economically disadvantaged motorists, including those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 2019 NPA Innovative Project of the Year, awarded to our client, the city of Columbus, Ohio, for increasing parking availability and streamlining the permitting process.
- 2018 NPA Innovative Organization of the Year, awarded to our client, parkDC for its use of demand-based pricing to alleviate congestion and provide real-time parking availability information to motorists.
2020 British Ex-Forces in Business Award for Young Leader of the Year
- Awarded to Dean Fennell-Connell, Sales Director, Conduent Transportation
TRB (Transportation Research Board)
- 2019 Urban Freight Transportation Committee Award, TRB Best Applied Paper entitled, “Demystifying Urban Curbside Freight Management: A Strategic Incremental Approach from Washington, D.C.”
IPI (International Parking Institute)
- 2018 Award of Merit to our client, parkDC: Penn Quarter/Chinatown
- 2018 Award of Merit to our client, ParkIndy: Driving community engagement and investment through parking privatization
Frost & Sullivan
- New Product Innovation Award in the North American Mobility-as-a-Service Industry awarded to Conduent for its Mobility Companion Platform
National Parking Association
40 Under 40
- 40 Under 40: In 2020, awarded to Ivonne Ibarra, Senior Researcher
- 40 Under 40: In 2018, awarded to Eduardo Cardenas, Parking Data Scientist